- Currently a high school senior in California, Oregon or Washington OR a high school senior planning to attend college in one of those states
- Plan to enroll as a college freshman in a U.S. accredited 4-year college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking student majoring in math, engineering, or a technical science in the Fall of 2012
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.0
Selection Criteria – Awardees will be selected based on the following criteria:
1. Essay questions (2)
2. Grade Point Average (GPA)
4. Community Involvement
How to Apply:
1. Apply Online. You may complete the application online through the link below. If you do not have a computer or internet access, you can mail a hard copy of the application to our office by filling out the downloadable form available below.
2. Transcript. You must submit a copy of your most recent OFFICIAL high school transcript with your application. It must go up to and include the Spring quarter/semester of your Junior year of high school. For online applications, an electronic version of the transcript can be submitted with the application.
3. Electronic versions must be uploaded as PDF files, and file names should be formatted as follows: “[Last Name]_[First Name]_Transcript.pdf”. For example, a PDF file of Anna Lee’s transcript should be named: “Lee_Anna_Transcript.pdf”.
4. If your school does not supply an electronic transcript, you may open and scan an official paper transcript and upload as instructed above, or email it to us. You can also mail in an official transcript or fax it to our office.Transcripts that are not official will NOT be considered.
5. Find a Recommender. You are required to have ONE recommender form submitted from an individual who knows you and is familiar with your community service and leadership activities. The recommender form can be completed online through the link below. If you or your recommender does not have a computer or internet access, you can submit a hard copy by completing the PDF form below. A teacher, advisor, work supervisor, community service leader, or any other adult familiar with you can serve as a recommender. Recommendations from relatives will not be accepted.
6. Submit Your Application. The deadline to submit your application for the 1st cycle of 2012 is midnight of March 30, 2012. Hard copies of applications must be received by the Asian Pacific Community Fund office no later than the deadline. Late or incomplete applications will be ineligible. Submissions of more than one application will also result in disqualification.
THE FIRST CYCLE IS FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS IN THE 2011-2012 ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY. IF YOU ARE NOT CURRENTLY A HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR IN FALL 2011, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT DURING THIS CYCLE.
Complete forms online:
Please note: If you are applying online, you will not be able to save your form and return to it. We recommend that you open the link to a new tab or window, and do not hit backspace or refresh when filling out the form.
You will receive a confirmation email if your form has been successfully submitted. (CLICK LINK BELOW)
Or download forms to fill out and mail in:
Only complete applications will be accepted.
Please make sure you turn in:
1) the application
2) a recommender form
3) an OFFICIAL high school transcript that goes up to and includes the Spring quarter/semester of your Junior year of high school; this can be scanned and uploaded, faxed, or mailed.
Deadline for the 1st Cycle of 2012 is March 30, 2012 at Midnight
Send hard copies of applications, transcripts, and/or recommendations to:
Asian Pacific Community Fund
Attn: Scholarship Program
1145 Wilshire Blvd., 1st Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90017
You may also open sealed OFFICIAL transcripts to scan and email to email@example.com or fax it to (213) 624-6406. You can also email or fax any other paperwork.
All materials must be in BY midnight on Friday, March 30th. Anything received (whether mailed, emailed, or faxed) past that date and time will NOT be considered, regardless of the postmark.
Do not mail additional materials, such as resumes, certificates, or newspaper clippings, unless requested. They will not be reviewed.
You will be notified no later than May 31, 2012 regarding the status of your application. The scholarship award can only be used to cover the cost of attending an accredited 4-year college/university. This may include tuition, fees, books, supplies, living expenses and meals. What is included in the cost of attendance varies by institution.