Online Outreach Associate For NWLC
The National Women’s Law Center (NWLC) seeks an Online Outreach Associate to help implement comprehensive marketing and outreach efforts to promote and enhance NWLC’s impact and visibility in the new media space, particularly on social media.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Online Outreach Associate’s primary duties will be to help develop, test and carry out digital marketing and action campaigns to expand the Center’s presence and effectiveness online, with a particular focus on NWLC’s social media and blog channels. The position will also help maintain NWLC’s website and conduct email outreach using Drupal and Convio/Luminate Online. This position will work within the Online Team and report to the Director of Online Communications.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate NWLC’s social channels, including creating and posting content and conducting outreach, community management and comment moderation on Facebook and Twitter as well as other channels as needed including Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr and Instagram.
- Provide day-to-day oversight of NWLC’s blog, including posting content and assisting with overall strategy for blog content.
- Track, analyze, and report on metrics for NWLC’s social media and blog performance.
- Assist in day-to-day management of NWLC’s website and email outreach, including producing and posting web content and producing and sending email blasts.
- Coordinate social media events such as tweet chats, and Google Hangouts, including event promotion, coordination with special guests and allied organizations, moderating the events, and conducting post-event follow-up and reporting back on results.
- Design and promote simple graphics for NWLC’s social media channels, including event promotions and featured Facebook graphics.
- Lead trainings on best practices for social media and blog content for NWLC staff members.
- Maintain and update NWLC’s blogging profiles on third-party websites such as MomsRising, Daily Kos and Huffington Post.
- Conduct issue-based blogger research and outreach.
- Execute online advertising campaigns, including Facebook and Google Ads.
- Provide online support as needed for NWLC’s Online, Outreach and Communications teams.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience in the online communications field, preferably with an emphasis on social media.
- Significant experience managing social media communities in an administrator capacity.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and general technical proficiency.
- Strong research, writing and editing skills. A strong eye for detail, including proofreading skills, and a thoughtful, analytical approach to managing complex tasks.
- Graphic design experience and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, or similar design software.
- Experience with an online content management system. Drupal experience preferred.
- Experience with at least one common nonprofit e-CRM system. Convio/Luminate Online experience preferred. Experience with Salesforce a plus.
- Experience with reporting on online metrics, preferably for social media.
- The ability to be self-directed and work well with competing priorities, meet deadlines, and manage workflow processes involving multiple people.
- Demonstrated experience and judgment working both collaboratively and independently.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and write, edit, and manage distribution of communications quickly.
- A commitment to progressive women’s issues.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Center offers excellent benefits, including pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transportation, and four weeks of annual vacation. Office located on the Red Metro Line in Dupont Circle. Intellectually stimulating workplace with passionate, dedicated colleagues.
To apply, please submit a resume, three supervisory references, and a cover letter that includes both your current salary and your salary requirements. In your cover letter, please also describe your professional background and detail your level of experience with HTML, as well as with using Facebook in a page administrator capacity and using Twitter, e-CRMs, content management systems, graphic design software, and other online tools. Please be as specific as possible when describing your previous experience using these tools. Samples of previous online written and graphic design work are also welcome.
Electronic submissions are preferred. Please send materials to email@example.com and include position title in the subject line. Hard copies may be addressed to: Human Resources Department, National Women’s Law Center, 11 Dupont Circle, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036, FAX: 202-588-5185. Applications accepted until position is filled. No calls please. EOE.